Our historical review attempts to identify prior uses of the property.
- Topographic maps and aerial photography
- Plat books, insurance maps, and chain-of-title documents
Our records review identifies established hazardous waste sites, underground storage tanks, and waste generators on or near the subject property.
- Federal, State, and local environmental records
- Reports of fire and chemical spill incidents
- Underground storage tank registration databases
- Fire insurance databases
Our site inspections include both an investigation of the property and interviews with property owners or managers.
- Usage, handling, or storage of toxic or hazardous materials
- Presence of underground storage tanks (UST)
- Evidence of toxic materials (lead, PCB, radon, etc.)
- Generation and disposal of wastewater, and solid, and hazardous waste
- Evidence of suspect asbestos-containing materials (ACM)
- Nature and condition of adjacent properties
We provide our findings in a well-documented report that includes:
- Summary of historical records and a site map
- Recommendations for further action (Phase II)
- Observations and site diagram
- Photographs (optional)
We can provide oversight and expertise for any required Phase II Environmental Site Assessments.
- Building materials sampling
- Environmental sampling
- Work plan review
- Contractor oversight
Although our standard Phase I and II Environmental Site Assessments are accepted by most lending institutions, Ungers & Associates can tailor an assessment to meet the technical demands of any request.